Thursday, May 13, 2010

The White.

There have always been two things I have feared my whole life.
One is the dark.
The other is white.
White.
White is the ever growing numbness inside of you.
White is the afternoons spent alone.
White is feeling useless.
White is the constant fear of disappointing. Of annoying. Of failing.
White is all of my childhood anguish.
White is a bottomless pit.
White is something scary, something empty, something cold.
White is something that will drag you down.
White is something you must learn to compensate.
They filled it up, with their music.
You filled it up, by being the wonderful people you are.
Each in your own special way. Each of you with your words. Your compliments. Your expressions of love. You made me feel like I belonged somewhere. Each of you added a little something.
Each of you made it a little warmer.
A little safer.
A little easier to bear.
Each of you made it a little more precious.
Each of you gave me something amazing.
And no words will ever truly express all of my gratitude.
I love you, Echelon.
I love you for everything you gave me this past year, are giving me every day, will give me in the future, and I hope we will be together for many, many, many years to come.
Thank you.
Thank you so much.
Love,

Lily, Philadelphia-Milan

2 comments:

  1. Good one! Let's thank 30 Seconds to Mars for providing us the soul of the Echelon, their music!

    Echelon love,
    Noël

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel so happy that the echelon can do this for you! thankyou for letting us fill your life with colour :) Provehito In Altum xx

    ReplyDelete