Thursday, May 13, 2010

This is a call to arms , my brothers and sisters

I haven't been a fan of 30stm for that long , but I have to say , it has changed my life!
The very first time I ever heard about 30stm , was back in the day when ABL came out. The Kill was all over Belgian Television.
And I have to be honest , in the beginning I thought 30stm was something strange ^^. A couple of years have past , and when I would turn on my television , there they were again.
30 seconds to mars with their new song "Kings and Queens".
I can still remember the very first time seeing and hearing the song, it gave my chills ... goosebumps. The lyrics , the music , the image.
Something made a click in my head. I had to find out more about this band , about their music , about what they stand for...
... and than I really discoverd 30 seconds to mars and I was sold !
The first notes of Kings and Queens turned my world upside down ... and it's still kinda upside down I have to admit !
I've always been the kind of person that can get very touched and sucked in by music .... and that's exactly how I am feeling now.
30 seconds to mars brought a new perspective into my life and a whole lot of new friends !
Going on the boards , I joined the Belgian Echelon. This Saturday may 15th , I'm going to my very first Promoday ,and I'm so freaking excited. The Echelon , and especially , the Belgian part , have taken a whole lot off space in my life .... and I'm so glad to give that piece of my life , over to them.
I know there are fans out there , who have been with the band forever , have been supporting them through whatever , but this band means the world to me. And I do my best to contribute in making them even greater (than they already are).

Jared , you gave my life new perspective, this quote of him , changed alot for me : Q: What is the most important lesson life has thaught you
JL : " That Many things are not as big of a deal as they seem in the moment"
Thanks for just being who you are , and making the music that you love , cause your music means alot to me.

Shannon , whenever I have a bad day. I just look up some video's or some pictures of you and I smile ! You are such a funny man. And I have to add , love how energetic you always are !

Tomo , thanks for all the great / funny moments you share with us on twitter and thanks for following me ! The dedication you show towards your fans is immens! You have such a big heart !

As for all 3 of you , I cannot WAIT to see you guys play , July 2nd at Werchter ! Me and the Echelon will be very close to the stage , singing our hearts out !

By Lenaia (Cassie) , belgium

4 comments:

  1. hey mars sister :)
    i just came across your blog through twitter and just wanted to say that i had the same experience. i first saw the kill on tv and i too thought they were weird, i didn´t get what my friends were so excited about.
    but than i saw kings and queens and Ooh my god.. i got goosebumps when i read your blog entry cause i felt exactly the same way.
    with this is war i got sucked into a whole new wolrd, into a new family. and since i saw them live i am filled with a whole new energy that surges through me.. it´s CRAZY! But I LOVE it!!

    echelon 4 life
    verena, from austria <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Verena !

    That's so funny that you had the same thing happen ! What's your twitter ! I wanna add you !

    Foreverechelon <3
    Cassie , belgium

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Kings and Queens made a lot of people open their eyes and ears to this band. It simply is something you've never heard or seen before and that's what music lovers were waiting for! I don't mean to say that other 30STM songs weren't great aswell, I personally appreciated them more after THIS IS WAR;)

    Echelon love,
    Noël

    ReplyDelete
  4. @lenaia and Noël
    veruu222

    yes this is war is just EPIC i don´t know how to really express what it is..the tunes, his voice, the choir. i dunno how anybody can listen to it and NOT get the chills.. i´m so in love with this album.. I love how 30stm helps people get trough life..
    and i too started to appreciat the older songs more, i just love everything about it :)

    echelon <3
    verena, austria

    ReplyDelete