Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My inspiration during a rough time

Hi 30 Seconds to Mars, I wanted to let you know how much your music has meant to me and how much it has inspired and helped me get through rough times over the years. This is not something that I talk about often, but I feel that you need to know how important your music is to your fans and me. I love all of your albums and songs, but one song that will always be close to my heart is "A Modern Myth". I am a Director in Early Childhood Education and many families and children touch my life, some more then others. About 3 years ago, one of the families I was very close with lost their 4 year old daughter from a rare heart condition no one knew she had. One minute she was laughing, the next she was gone, that quick. Having a daughter close to the same age and being as close as I was to this family and this little girl made things difficult. As you can imagine, this was an extremely hard time for me where I questioned many things in my life. I had just happened to purchase "A Beautiful Lie" a week or so prior and while listening, the lyrics of "A Modern Myth" really spoke to me and helped me through what I was dealing with mentally and emotionally. No one should ever have to experience the death of a child even if it is not their own, but I wanted you to know how important your music was to me during this time and how important it still is to me and all of your fans. You guys are amazing and your music is so important to so many! Your fans are important to you and you are important to them. Thank you for being so amazing and being true to the music and your fans!! You are truly one of a kind!

Sincerely,
Shannon
Denver, Colorado

No comments:

Post a Comment