Tuesday, June 15, 2010

YES THIS IS A CULT.

My name is Rebecca and I am 15 years old. I am from the middle of England. I am a very new member of the Echelon family. I first discovered this AMAZING band we call 30 Seconds To Mars at the end of 2009. I was watching the Scuzz music channel and Kings And Queens came on. I loved what I was hearing and seeing. Kings And Queens was my new favourite song, and I listened to it non-stop. Then I HAD to listen to more of their music. I got all 3 of their albums and learnt every lyric as I listen to them so often. All of the lyrics actually have meaning, unlike most artists out there. They mean the world to me, and really put me in a great mood. When school's depressing me, I'll turn to my 30STM CD's. Jared, Shannon, and Tomo are 3 GENIUS, AMAZING, TALENTED, BEAUTIFUL men who I love so much words can't describe. I love Jared Leto so much it hurts. And is there anything he CAN'T do? He writes songs, he sings, he plays guitar, he acts (he's an AMAZING actor. I've seen 4 of his films so far; Alexander, Panic Room, Urban Legend, and Mr Nobody. Wow. :P), he directs, and he has breath-taking looks, with beautiful hypnotic blue eyes and a cute button nose. :) I love Jared's individuality, and his pomegranate mohawk is amazing. ;D And before I knew it, I was an Echelon. :D

30 Seconds To Mars give me the feeling that I actually belong somewhere and have a purpose in life. Before I came across them, I got depressed and thought "What is the point? Why am I even here??" But Mars taught me that you should follow your dreams and always fight for what you believe in no matter what. I realised I can get through this, it's not that hard. They help me, and give me the courage to do so. Jared's lyrics to Alibi "I fell apart but got back up again" showed me that you will fall and have problems in your life, but you've always got to have the strength to get back up again and do what's got to be done. Jared's lyrics speak to me. 30STM have been through so much to get to where they are today, and they got there by not giving up. I've always been the quiet one who is has serious confidence issues and has trouble believing in myself, but I know I've got to believe in myself, just as they did. You won't get anywhere if you don't believe in yourself, no matter how hard it is.

It was my 15th birthday on the 10th February, and it honestly was my best birthday ever. I was lucky enough to go and see 30 Seconds To Mars live for the first time ever on the 19th at Nottingham Trent FM Arena. I bought my This Is War t-shirt from the official merchandise stand and wore it with pride. I wasn't standing unfortunately, but I was in the tiered seating. We waited ages for them to come on, but it was so worth the wait! The atmosphere was absolutely amazing, and I really felt like I belonged there, amongst the Echelon. I've never made so much noise in my entire life, and honestly don't know how I still had my voice when I woke up the following morning. That was the best night of my life, and 30STM are amazing live! They certainly know a thing or two about showmanship! They don't just stand there singing like most artists do; they put so much effort and hard work into their shows. Mars return to the UK in December, and I plan on seeing them again! I'm struggling for money at the moment, but I WILL get there one way or another! And I'll hopefully be standing (on the front row preferably! ;)) and I'll have a good view of them!!

I know none of the Echelon personally, but I have many Echelon friends online. Thank god for the internet, right? I wouldn't have met any of the amazing people I've become friends with. And they're not just my friends, their my family. All of you. I love you all. If it weren't for Mars we wouldn't have this amazing family and group of people. I wish we had our own Echelon Country. That'd be awesome. I live in a town where their are no Echelon. I am living in the wrong place altogether. I feel like I don't belong here at all. They all think I'm a freak, but I don't care. I'm proud to be an Echelon and forever will be. And like I said, thank god I can escape to the internet.

I try to be the best Echelon I can possibly be. I do as much as I can to promote them; I wear my t-shirt everywhere with pride (people will be thinking I haven't got anything else to wear! lol), I tell my friends of new Mars releases, I even introduced my email friend from Sweden to them. And I will continue to do this.

I recently watched 30STM's most recent music video for Closer To The Edge. Wow, what a song, and what a video. For starters, the song is genius, legendary, and in my opinion one of the best on This Is War (although I love every track). I've been listening to it alot lately, and I can't stop watching the music video. Wow. It made me emotional. I cried. It took my breath away. Simply amazing.

Music is my escape. Especially Mars. I was born to be an Echelon. I just wish I'd discovered them sooner. But at least I have now. :) They have brightened my life, made it feel worth living. My biggest dream is to meet the Mars men and tell them how much their songs mean to me, and how much I love and care for them. I want to thank them for everything. I really do appreciate them, just as much as I appreciate my second family.

Thank you so much to every single Echelon out there.
YES THIS IS A CULT. ECHELON TILL I DIE. PROVEHITO IN ALTUM.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the family, Rebecca. Pleased to have you aboard. :)

    @emibd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi...! =)I read your article and I am very excited! Therefore I ask you for advice ... how can I become Echelon? I do not know where to find it. Please help me. Tina.

    ReplyDelete