Thursday, July 8, 2010

What Mars means to me.

Hi there my fellow Echelon, I'm Keri from Massachusetts.

Everyone has good and bad days, it is a fact of life. On my bad days music is my escape. I know that I can just turn up the radio and dance and sing and that everything for that moment will be ok. Music talks to people; it is universal language like a math equation. From their first album I knew 30 Seconds to Mars was a great band. I knew that because they made music that spoke to me. Like Pink Floyd, The Beatles, U2, NIN, and Nirvana, they have been added to a lists of bands that, playing a song can bring me back to a moment in my life that makes me smile or cry or just remember. When I saw them at the Boston House of Blues in April it was a spiritual experience. I have been to a lot of concerts but none with the life and tenacity of this band. They interacted with the audience on a level I have never seen before and it comes from the fact that they really do love their fans. The fans are a whole other subject. During the show we all became one and looked out for each other. I am proud to be part of the Echelon; even though I am older then most of the fans I am glad to be a Mars Mother. I laugh at the fact the my 3 yr old son Damien thinks everyone with a Mohawk is a "Rock Star" and even sported a blue Marshawk himself for a while. He has started to play drums too. I love that I can share their music with my son like my father shared his music with me.

So 30 Seconds to Mars means just that; loving music I can share with the people I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment